Division Head: Thomas Foley
Hoboken Multi Service Center
124 Grand Street
Hours: M – F, 9 am – 4 pm
Phone: (201) 420-2054
Fax: (201) 239-6628
Send an email >
This department acts as a local conduit for the New Jersey Easy Access, Single Entry program (NJ EASE). Our trained staff provides a wide range of services that promote independence, dignity and choice for older adults in the Hoboken Community. Our office maintains a service network capable of meeting the health, economic and social needs of seniors, with a particular emphasis on assisting those who are considered frail, economically disadvantaged or vulnerable.
NJ EASE is the easy way for seniors and their families to get information about and access senior services. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 201-420-2054. We can provide you with answers and information on a wide variety of topics, including: Healthcare, Insurance, Home Care Services, Long Term Care Options, Transportation, Social Activities, Nutrition, Volunteer Opportunities, And more …
Activities & Program Flyers
- Program Guide
- Art Classes
- Senior Citizen Project Lifesafe
- Calendar of events
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration
- Horticulture Class
- Knitting & Crocheting
View Schedule | Call (201) 420-2054 for details
Cultural & Educational Activities
- Farmers Market
- Guest Speakers
- Monthly social events
- Seasonal Trips
Check out the Activities Calendar below.
Home Maker Services
- Post-care assistance
- Telephone Reassurance
Call (201) 420-2093 for details
Notary Public Services
Free to Seniors Call (201) 420-2054 for details.
- Hot Lunch Program
- Meals on Wheels
Call (201) 792-0069 for details, Monday through Friday, 10am – 1pm
Senior Identification Program
This program was developed in partnership with the Sheriffs Department to improve senior medical care. The best way to ensure that you receive the best care possible is to consolidate your medical history before an accident happens. This program provides interested seniors with light weight ID cards that contain your medical history, doctor’s contact information, and host of other information that can be critical in an emergency. Please give us a call if you have any questions about this program or want to schedule an appointment.
- The Hop — (formerly the Crosstown) Hoboken’s expanded 3-route shuttle system providing service to all senior housing, supermarkets, Multi-Service Center, and more! Free for seniors. Runs 7am-7pm, twice per hour.
- View Schedule |Download the Hop Bus Route | Call 201-653-1919 with any questions
- The Senior Shuttle runs between 10am and 4pm. Click here to download the Senior Shuttle flyer with route map and schedule.
- Senior Citizen Bus service
- Free Medical Transportation
- Free bus trips to the Newport Mall/Walmart
For general information and referrals call (201) 420-2055.
Most activities take place in the Multi Service Center at 124 Grand St.
State and County Resources
- New Jersey Division of Aging and Community Services
- New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services
- New Jersey Seniors Online Resources
- New Jersey Farmers Market Program
- Senior Prescription Benefits
- New Jersey Care Giver information
- New Jersey Center for Health Statistics
Hudson County Senior of the Year – 2011
Orlando Addeo started working during the depression. He was paid $1.00 a day, which he gave to his father to help support the family. He enlisted in World War II and his service on the front lines earned him the rank of sergeant. He returned to Hoboken after the war to marry the love of his life, Rosalie Zavardino. (she passed away after 62 years of marriage.) Orlando has volunteered in many capacities for many decades including the American Legion, the Knights of Columbus, and the St. Francis Holy Name Society. For the past 30 years he has volunteered every day in service to the seniors.